We believe that
• Every person is unique and has equal worth.
• Every person can be a successful learner.
• People are responsible for their actions.
• The family experience has a profound impact on the development of the individual.
• Honesty and integrity build trust in all relationships.
• Motivation, hard work, and persistence are necessary to achieve full potential.
• High expectations yield greater levels of performance.
• A quality education enriches lives by creating and expanding opportunities.
• The positive actions of role models inspire people to excel.
• Service to others is vital in building a thriving community.
The mission of the Turlock Unified School District, a premier progressive educational system, is to ensure all students graduate as self-motivated, responsible citizens equipped to compete successfully in an ever-changing global society by delivering effective instruction that engages all students to reach their individual potential and highest achievements within a safe and caring student-centered environment in partnership with our families and diverse community.
1. We will develop and implement reciprocal communication systems which are consistent across TUSD in order to provide students, families, staff, and community members with essential, relevant, and timely information.
2. We will ensure all staff has the curriculum, professional development, collaboration time, and support necessary to differentiate instruction and actively engage students in an environment that fosters learning.
3. We will promote student-centered engagement by providing equal access and increased opportunities to a broad course of studies that includes curricular and extra-curricular programs enriched by family and community support.
4. We will develop and implement interventions and supplemental services that are consistent across the District in order to accelerate learning and close the achievement gap.
5. We will provide equitable resources for students, staff, and families to prepare all students to be college and career ready.
6. We will prepare and equip students for digital-age learning with the skills to navigate future technology.
7. We will establish and maintain a safe environment and positive school climate for our students, staff, families, and community.
Approved by Board of Trustees: Turlock Unified School District August 19, 2014