We believe that
• Every person is unique and has equal worth.
• Every person can be a successful learner.
• People are responsible for their actions.
• The family experience has a profound impact on the development of the individual.
• Honesty and integrity build trust in all relationships.
• Motivation, hard work, and persistence are necessary to achieve full potential.
• High expectations yield greater levels of performance.
• A quality education enriches lives by creating and expanding opportunities.
• The positive actions of role models inspire people to excel.
• Service to others is vital in building a thriving community.
The mission of the Turlock Unified School District, a premier progressive educational system, is to ensure all students graduate as self-motivated, responsible citizens equipped to compete successfully in an ever-changing global society by delivering effective instruction that engages all students to reach their individual potential and highest achievements within a safe and caring student-centered environment in partnership with our families and diverse community.
1. We will ensure all staff have the curriculum, professional development, and support necessary to differentiate instruction, actively engage students, and effectively use assessment data in order to increase student achievement.
2. We will develop and implement interventions and supplemental services that are consistent across the District in order to accelerate learning and close the achievement gap.
3. We will establish and maintain an effective accountability system for students, staff, and families to ensure all are taking responsibility for their actions and working collaboratively as partners towards achieving our mission and objectives.
4. In partnership with families and our diverse population, we will identify, integrate, model, reinforce, and assess the character traits necessary to become self-motivated, responsible citizens in our community.
5. We will design a system to guide and support students in setting and achieving challenging personal goals tailored to their aspirations for post-secondary education and careers.
6. We will expand resources (financial, human, and partnerships) and ensure they are used effectively to best achieve the District’s mission as well as maintain fiscal integrity.
Approved by Board of Trustees: Turlock Unified School District June 9, 2009